This website is hosted by Plateau Perspectives, an international non-profit organization that promotes regional biodiversity conservation and community development in the Tibetan Plateau region of China.
Plateau Perspectives’ international Council of Reference includes the following eight members:
- Dr Calvin DeWitt, Professor of Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Sir Brian Heap CBE ScD FRS, former Master of St Edmunds College, Cambridge University
- Dr John Hodges, Consultant, formerly with United Nation’s Food & Agriculture Organization
- Sir John Polkinghorne KBE FRS, former President of Queens College, Cambridge University
- Sir Ghillean Prance FRS VMH, former Director of Kew Royal Botanic Gardens
- Mr Matthias Stiefel, Executive Director, WSP International
- Mr David Taylor, Executive Advisor in Humanitarian Assistance, World Vision International
- Dr Tony Whitten, Senior Biodiversity Scientist, Biodiversity Group, The World Bank
More detail about Plateau Perspectives’ work can be found on the website, http://www.plateauperspectives.org.
Plateau Perspectives also has an informal network of experts in many fields of work related to conservation and sustainable development, many of whom are familiar with the Tibetan Plateau region. Please contact us if you have any queries, whether seeking information or advice, or looking for a consultant to hire for your project. A short list of several Plateau Perspectives experts can be found here. You can also meet other members of our field staff here.
Website content written by Marc Foggin and Fiona Worthy. Site maintained by Shinay Henderson and Marc Foggin, Plateau Perspectives.